Chameleons are masters of camouflage and deception. It’s then fitting that this latest tote bag offering from Fendi is called the Chameleon – it’s classic leather but the subtle dual tri-color designs, textures and seam detail ensure that it’s far from plain. The logo hardware add that extra touch you can expect from Fendi, and the adjustable shoulder strap combined with the top handles provide comfort, usability and style.
Inside there are interior wall pockets and a cell phone pocket. The top zip enclosure is easy and convenient to access. It’s a moderately large bag, measuring in at 16″W x 11″H x 7″D, but certainly not so big that you won’t want to use it on a daily basis. This is a practical bag. The shape of it is nothing new, but the way it’s been done is and as such, you will feel like you’re carrying something revolutionary. The well designed panels breathe new life into what would otherwise be a basic rectangular bag.
The color panel blocks are made of separate panels each with a subtle color difference to the adjoining one. Color blocks have become a trend of late, but rather than going with bright bold colors, Fendi has chosen the more subtle path and pulled it off perfectly. There are several color combination designs available:
– Basic black or brown/prune. These colors do not have the multi-colored panels, but the gold hardware takes the stage instead.
– Calf and ponyskin version comes in brown with exquisite textures.
– Tan, with a lighter shade in one corner.
– Tan multi, with extra color blocks including brown, tan plus black straps and handles.
– Tan, black, brown: The body is tan, one corner is light tan and the other black, and the handles are a matching brown.
– Black multi – this is the most colorful of the collection and features a black body, tan colored sides, turquoise handles, orange detachable body strap and zipper stitches. This is the most expensive version, retailing for $2490.
This made in Italy calfskin leather tote has protective metal feet to give you peace of mind about durability and protection. Just a few of the celebs who have been seen sporting the Fendi Chameleon include Jessica Hart, Monica Bellucci and Emma Stone. With so many color options to choose from, there’s something for every taste and style in the Fendi Chameleon collection.